2.00
7 comments
Created by United_Fools 2 weeks, 1 day ago
[ 2.00 | 0.00 ] [#2990]

Now every fool on the streets in Kentucky are joining the bitcoin craze

[ Reply ]

2.00
Created by Mike_Crawford 2 weeks, 1 day ago
[ 2.00 | 0.00 ] [#14024]

I too have the hope that cryptos will provide me a secure retirement.

While I'm over 50 and so can contribute the "Catch-Up" amount of $6500 to an IRA each year, there won't be enough in there by the time the IRS starts to require that I withdraw from it.

However I don't think Bitcoin is going to do it for me.

I did well with the NAGA ICO. I bought into three other ICOs, and expect to buy some others when I get my next check.

However it is important to be aware that many ICOs are scams. It is important to do your research.

[ Parent | Reply ]

2.00
Created by OrionBlastar 1 week, 6 days ago
[ 2.12 | -0.12 ] [#14032]

As my A1C and Cholesterol doubled since I was last in a hospital a year or two ago. I also went through a chapter 13 bankruptcy that just ends in March 2018. Most of my bills were medical bills during the Obama era that I was promised would be more affordable for those of us on Medicare and Disability, but ended up with $150K USD in debt. Chapter 13 means you settle your debts via a trustee in court and report to your lawyer and turn in all financial documents.

WELP important life lesson here, don't use credit cards unless it is an actual emergency. In order to give up wants and only spend on needs, to save money per month or week or day. If you just save $3 a day you end up with $1095 at the end of the year.

First thing is sticking to a budget, saying you have a lifestyle that cannot support a budget is an excuse. Instead of coffee drink water, it is healthier for you. Buy water bottles like $1 each or something or eat an apple instead of drink an energy drink. Learn how to cook your own food, keep it simple and cheap like sandwiches, soup, noodles, and fruits and vegetables in a salad. You want fruit and veggies for fiber so you can take a shit regularly without it hurting a lot. Cut out sugar, cut out candy, cut out mass carbohydrates (Pizza has too many calories and carbohydrates, only eat it when you have nothing else, avoid fast food and coffee houses and make that stuff in your own apartment or home) visit thrift stores for cheap clothing and appliances.

Learn how to fix things to save money, like your car, computer, etc.

Make a budget in Excel one row is income, another row is expenses, and if expenses are higher than income, you need to start to categorize things in need and want. For example, you need oxygen to breathe but you don't need a pizza and $5 coffee every day. If you buy these things every day that wants you can do without, that is where you start cutting wants out of your budget. Living like a Hermit helps too.

Start putting your money into a savings account like $100 or $150 a month move into savings, then you got some saved up. Look into Money markets and CDs at your local bank and credit union and set for 1 or 2 years and then cash it out. Make sure to save $200 or more at home in a box or safe in case you need the cash in an emergency.

If you invest in anything, figure out the odds, etc, and then use money from savings that you saved up for years to invest.

Yeah ICOs are scams somethings, gab.ai was legit and I should have gotten in that one as it is the conservative twitter app that shares revenue with users.

If you don't like Facebook, try http://minds.com/ if you don't like Twitter try http://gab.ai/ if you don't like Reddit try http://voat.co/ also you can earn money streaming video games using http://twitch.tv/

I am just learning this stuff now, as the schools I went to did not teach it. I was able to save stuff until I got married and had a kid and moved out of my parents' house and bought a new house.

Once you have a family, a house, credit card and medical debt and then you get too sick to work, it is very hard to do savings, but we are going to try again.

I am helping my son with his homework and re-learning how college algebra and eng 102 work. A tutor would cost $50/hr or more, and I can do the same for free, just need to read his book and update and then tutor him.

[ Parent | Reply ]

0.00
Created by Mike_Crawford 1 week, 1 day ago
[ 0.00 | 0.00 ] [#14093]

I do far better mentally if I get out of my apartment and out in public each day.

Buying Starbucks coffee facilitates that. Otherwise I'd make my coffee at home.

[ Parent | Reply ]

0.00
Created by OrionBlastar 1 week ago
[ 0.00 | 0.00 ] [#14096]

Psyche meds raising my blood sugar to 327 or higher each day. 600 or 700 is when I have to go to a hospital for help.

Witchdoctor gave me a new prescription of new psyche meds, but I haven't gotten it yet. I've been feeling light headed and dizzy. New happy pills might cause muscle cramps and other stuff.

[ Parent | Reply ]

0.00
Created by Mike_Crawford 4 days, 10 hours ago
[ 0.00 | 0.00 ] [#14144]

Were you tasking zyprexa? It's known to raise blood sy

[ Parent | Reply ]

0.00
Created by OrionBlastar 4 days, 6 hours ago
[ 0.00 | 0.00 ] [#14146]

This one:

Dman with the new one it seems things are brighter at times. With the old one, the colors were all darker and sometimes I had blurry vision.

It is like my brain is shifting gears and only going the speed of sound than the speed of light.

[ Parent | Reply ]

0.00
Created by Mike_Crawford 1 week, 1 day ago
[ 0.00 | 0.00 ] [#14092]

I like to work on cars. I rebuilt the head on my Toyota Corona just because it seemed like something cool to do.

Most of my disposable income these days is spent on fabricating excuses to visit women at their place of work. I'm giving one such woman a rose after work today.

I used to budget quite effectively. Bonita invented a spreadsheet format that enabled me to budget both personally and for my business in just one sheet. I'm going to start doing that again.

When I get my next check quite likely I'll make the maximum IRS contribution to an IRA. It will be the first time I really saved for my retirement. But even if I can make the max contribution every year until I'm required to withdraw there really won't be enough money. I need to come up with some way to earn quite a lot more money than what I get now.

My IRA will all be in an S&P Index Fund. It's regarded as safe with a good return.

[ Parent | Reply ]