5.00
6 comments
Created by Mike_Crawford 1 week, 3 days ago
[ 5.00 | 0.00 ] [#2435]

I was very pleased with myself for having added Facebook and Twitter buttons to The Global Computer Employer Index.

Just now I thought to check how they look in Mobile Safari on my iPhone:

They don't appear at all.

I put the markup in my navigation server side include, without it ever occurring to me that that include is not used by my mobile site.

My log files tell me that the vast majority of site visitors do so with smartphones.

[ Reply ]

4.00
Created by tdillo 1 week, 3 days ago
[ 4.00 | 0.00 ] [#11699]

Smart phones are tools of ( S A T A N)
People believe that they save them time HA!
They should be called PHOOL PHONES. Soon as a body gets one and starts using it,
they forget all the numbers and birthdays, etc.
I was looking for mine yesterday so asked Momma call my cell. She got out her Droid then hesitated a sec, looked up at me and said,
'What is your number again?"

[ Parent | Reply ]

5.00
Created by OrionBlastar 1 week, 2 days ago
[ 5.00 | 0.00 ] [#11702]

TV sets got called the Idiot Box and the Fool's Lantern, etc.

United Phool Phones sounds like a company United Fools would start up.

I just can't use a software keyboard as well as a real one. Plus the Mobile Facebook and other social sites don't have options to delete or edit your posts in case you make a typo or write something Trumpian by mistake and people might think one a jackass if it is not edited or deleted.

Did you know I promoted my websites and book via Facebook ads that only cost like $25 to get over 6000 clickthroughs or so. I heard that Zuckerberg is thinking of running for President in 2020 and wants to end the MPAA and RIAA monopolies and free the music so if we buy a copy, we have the right to use more than 30 seconds of it on a video, etc. I tell you what I've had videos taken down from Youtube before for using copyrighted music that a video game was using, even one was a parody of the song and it still got me a copyright strike. No more fair use, not for parody or non-profit use? I think voting in another Billionaire to reverse the executive orders that Trump repealed of Obama's executive orders that repelled GWB executive orders that repelled Clinton's executive orders, that dispelled Reagan's executive orders than once made America great Again!

[ Parent | Reply ]

3.00
Created by Mike_Crawford 1 week ago
[ 3.00 | 0.00 ] [#11748]

"Facebook ads"

Thanks for the tip. I've been running Google AdSense but get very few clicks.

[ Parent | Reply ]

2.00
Created by OrionBlastar 1 week ago
[ 2.00 | 0.00 ] [#11751]

Twitter, Facebook, Google, all compete with each other for serving to advertise.

Look out for coupons, and codes, and specials. You can sign up once, and they will let you know when they got a sale on advertising for your small business.

I did that with Amazon for my Kindle book, and they had a link to it in emails. Tdillo, said they suggested my book to his account via email.

[ Parent | Reply ]

0.00
Created by Mike_Crawford 6 days, 18 hours ago
[ 0.00 | 0.00 ] [#11760]

Google is charging me almost one dollar per click. I burned through my ad budget in just a week.

Back in the day, Google was charging me seven (!) bucks a click for "Custom Software Development"

[ Parent | Reply ]

1.00
Created by OrionBlastar 5 days, 15 hours ago
[ 1.00 | 0.00 ] [#11842]

Look for Google promotions and coupon codes and stuff. I got $10 in advertising free if I spent $10, Facebook and Twitter have the same sort of promotions. I get them in my inbox via their email server. Google even gives me Google Books credits sometimes for using their advertising.

You create a Page in GooglePlus for your business and promote that as well. I got one on Facebook and Twitter as well.

Facebook just had a deal last week for free $25 ad credit if you pay for $25 in promoting posts on my group.

My father and mother taught me that it takes money to make money, you have to market and advertise the stuff you are selling or promoting.

[ Parent | Reply ]