Comment [#16190]

All Comments

0.00
Created by TaxiCabJesus 2 months, 3 weeks ago
[ 0.00 | 0.00 ] [#16190]

I went looking for one of my XP virtual machine images today... Plugged in the NAS, copied it over to my ubuntu server, started it up in virtualbox. I remember the machine I made this image from -- I don't think I've ever started the virtual machine before. A post on the internet says the XP activation servers are down, so I'll never be able to re-activate, hrmph.

This one is XP-Professional, so I can use the remote desktop. Virtualbox has its own remote desktop feature (via Oracle's expansion pack, here be danger [for commercial users]), but I haven't gotten that working yet.

[ Parent | Reply ]

0.00
Created by OrionBlastar 2 months, 3 weeks ago
[ 0.00 | 0.00 ] [#16204]

XP got the WWW shut off because it did not get updated certificates.

Try this one:

Install the Firefox that comes with it. This is Microsoft's XP POS version that has security updates and support and no activation or serial number. It is XP Pro SP3.

[ Parent | Reply ]

0.00
Created by MSNBC 2 months, 3 weeks ago
[ 0.00 | 0.00 ] [#16200]

Team Server is what you need for remote access in XP if it still supports XP. XP SP3 so you might need to download the SP3 service pack.

I love Ninite on fresh new PC builds. You download an AV, Office program, ZIP tool, whatever you want except for Adobe Reader, use Foxit PDF instead.

[ Parent | Reply ]

0.00
Created by MSNBC 2 months, 3 weeks ago
[ 0.00 | 0.00 ] [#16201]

Team Sever is no longer on Ninite now. I wonder what replaced it?

[ Parent | Reply ]

0.00
Created by OrionBlastar 2 months, 3 weeks ago
[ 0.00 | 0.00 ] [#16205]

I think you meant Team Viewer, it went commercial so they dropped it off the list. Also I don't think it works with XP any more.

[ Parent | Reply ]

0.00
Created by MSNBC 2 months, 3 weeks ago
[ 0.00 | 0.00 ] [#16199]

You will have to hacktivate XP and Vista now, as activation servers reject them.

End of life was December 31st, 2018.

Either migrate to Windows 7 or above or use hactivation tools.

[ Parent | Reply ]